Welcome to the internet's favorite "family safe" blog

Double clicking on a photo will give you an enlarged view

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sweet Berries of Blue

This past week I went out to hunt the wary blueberry.  I know they grow in bogs, but I went out to the sandy barrens near our home because there usually aren't so many mosquitoes there.  With all the rain we have had so far this spring and summer, I expected a super abundant crop.  But for some reason they weren't 'everywhere'.  It took some hunting to find a few and then a few lead to a few more.  I'll let you in on my secret:  I found the best patches of berries in the partially shaded areas.  Please don't spread it around.  I have picked a couple of quarts or more so far and I will plan to go some more this week.

If you look at the next 3 posts you will see that there is more to see in the sandy jack pine barrens this time of year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment